MAKENI ISLAMIC SOCIETY TRUSTMakeni Islamic Society Trust is a Non-profit making, Non-governmental and Religious organisation established in 1972. It is duly and fully registered under the societies Act Chapter 119 of the Laws of Zambia. Makeni Islamic Society Trust was established to provide a wide range of services aimed at elevating the status of humanity through its well-articulated objectives as follows:
- To promote, encourage, protect and propagate Islamic activities in pursuance of
- The fostering and encouragement of the spirit of Islamic brotherhood and the unity
- The inculcation of Islamic ethics and honesty, fair play and justice as integral parts
- Strengthening fraternal bond and brotherly relations among Muslims.
- Promoting friendly relations and understanding between Muslims.
- To carry out religious, social, civic, charitable, literary, athletic, scientific
- To promote Islamic and secular education by establishing nursery schools,
- To assist the poor and needy by establishing a Zakaat and welfare fund.
- To provide scholarships and bursaries to students and scholars for the
Islam as a complete way of life.
of the ummah.
of its faith and code of conduct.
research and other Islamic activities.
primary schools, secondary schools, vocational training centres, hostels, madrassas
and institutions of higher education.
purpose of acquiring or furtherance of any education.
OUR MANY VARIOUS DEPARTMENTSThe Trust has well established and fully fledged departments mandated to actualise the alluded to services.
OUR CLINICOur Clinic is accredited by the Ministry of Health. It was established in 1982 and its an out patient type clinic offering services such as:
- Under Five Clinic
- Laboratory Services Average number of patients per day: 77 (2000 per month)
Mothers and babies being attended to during antenatal program.